The Delhi govt has relaxed the ongoing lockdown to open up some services in the national capital which has seen over 3,000 coronavirus cases so far. From pathological laboratories to book stores and plumbing services, the Kejriwal government has allowed a few services.
With 54 deaths and over 3,100 coronavirus cases, the number of containment zones in Delhi now stands at 99. Amid this, the Delhi government has announced the relaxation of the lockdown which is supposed to continue till May 3.
Here’s the list of services being opened up:
1. Healthcare: Veterinary hospitals, dispensaries, clinics, pathological laboratories, sale and supply of vaccine and medicine.
2. Movement: Inter and intra state travel of all healthcare workers and scientists, including by air if necessary.
3. Shelter homes: Operation of homes for children, disabled, mentally challenged, senior citizens, destitute, women and widows.
4. Services provided by self-employed persons such as electricians, plumbers or those repairing water purifiers.
5. Shops selling electric fans have also been allowed to open.
6. Shops of school books for education have been allowed to open.
MHA had also said that states can review the situation and relax the lockdown in non-containment zones. Delhi govt has now announced some relaxations after reviewing the coronavirus situation in the capital.